For this fabulous winter bellini, I prefer to use the Comice pear in place of the traditional white peach. Comice is the sweetest pear variety and is at its best from October through to January.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 6 ripe Comice pears, plus extra thin slices to garnish (optional)
- 10ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 dashes of cranberry bitters (optional)
- 1 x 75cl ice-cold bottle of good-quality prosecco
- Peel the pears and remove the stalks and cores. Blitz the flesh in a blender with the lemon juice and bitters (if using) to a purée.
- To serve, put 50ml of the pear purée in a chilled champagne flute and top up slowly with prosecco.
- Stir gently to incorporate. Garnish with a couple of delicate slices of fresh pear placed on the rim of the glass, if you like.