An Australian man claims to have made an alarming discovery while eating an M&M's chocolate bar - a dead cockroach.
Kyle Rosewarne from Melbourne had eaten four pieces of the Crispy Mint-flavoured bar, bought from Coles supermarket, when he spotted the insect.
He took a picture of the six-legged intruder and posted it on Facebook, saying: "I have messaged M&M's Australia several times for them to call me regarding this, but they have failed to do so.
"Please share this to let your friends and family know to check their M&M's chocolate before they eat it."
However, a Mars Chocolate Australia spokesperson told Daily Mail the firm believed the cockroach found its way into the chocolate bar after the wrapper had been taken off.
"We immediately contacted him to request the product and also worked with an entomologist to conduct a preliminary review to determine the insect’s species and origin," the spokesperson said.
"This review has found the insect did not enter the packaging prior to being shipped from our manufacturing facility, as this species does not occur in the region where the product was manufactured.
"Given each block of chocolate we manufacture undergoes 31 quality checks and safety tests, and microbiological testing before it is packaged and shipped, it is extremely likely it entered the product packaging after it was opened."
Mr Rosewarne responded saying: "If it went in after I ate the initial four pieces then when I went to have more, don't you think it would have crawled out as soon as I picked it up? Why would the thing be dead then?"