It's 1pm; you've been working since you rolled out of bed three minutes before your conference call, your wifi has been playing up all morning, and the cat has chosen the opportune moment to bring in a mouse. Lunch is in order, but what to have?
One of the benefits of working from home is the proximity to your own kitchen. Something quick, tasty and satisfying is required, and little ticks all of those boxes quite as neatly as a couple of slices of hot, buttered toast, and a quick fridge forage for toppings - call it a tartine, as the French do, if you want to be fancy.
While cheese, eggs and last night's leftovers are all perfectly valid options, sometimes it's nice to shake up routine. Whatever mood you're in and whatever you have sitting in the fridge, you're sure to find something to tickle your fancy - try one of these delicious toast toppers today.
Ready in 20 minute or under
- Purple sprouting broccoli, burrata and anchovy on toast
- Garlicky mushroom and thyme on toast
- Hot cross buns with comté and black truffle
- Scrambled eggs and kippers on toast
- Scotch woodcock recipe (creamy scrambled eggs with anchovy butter)
- Crab rarebit with chive crème fraîche
- Marmite cream-cheese toast with mushrooms