Even for a department store steeped in history, there are still plenty of new reasons to fall in love with Liberty. We sneak a peek at some of our favourite products from the anniversary collection
1. Standard leather pig, £395, Omersa
There is nothing standard about this charming little leather porker, which doubles up as a footstool or even an occasional seat. Essential after a hard day of bringing home the bacon.
2. Red Iphis Bayley cross-body pouch, £275, Liberty London
Inspired by the much loved Liberty Ianthe design, Iphis is a modern reworking with a fresh Art Nouveau-style finish, and it looks dazzling on this eye-catching pouch.
3. Wiltshire print mini suitcase, £65, Liberty Flowers
You will never lose your luggage again with this distinctive floral suitcase. A perfect eye-catching cabin bag, or a great place to store keepsakes and old photographs.
4. Blue Liberty London lodden silk scarf, £145, Liberty London
Every wardrobe should feature at least one Liberty scarf. This example is beautifully decorated in the Lodden Liberty print, a design from 1884 credited to William Morris.
5. Jeffery Rose tree print, linen and silk cushion in wild pony, £105, Liberty Art Fabrics
Anyone who enjoyed reading The Secret Garden in childhood will love this design based on the book.The linen and silk fabric cover has a concealed zip with feather insert.
6. Blue Charles paisley cotton shirt, £130, Liberty Print
Here is the perfect Friday-night shirt for the type of man who is not afraid to say it with flowers. Combine it with a blue velvet jacket for the full dandy look.
7. Black citrus eau de parfum, 100ml, £145, Vilhelm Parfumerie, exclusive to Liberty
Fresh notes of cardamom, violet and Bergamot give way to a zesty and triumphant ultra-feminine fragrance.
8. Blue collar ruffle metallic jacquard dress, £645, Paskal, new season, exclusive brand
Rock the party season in this shimmering dress with fitted body with A-line skirt and bold ruffling. Put on those heels and make an entrance.
9. 18ct gold teeny tiny dragonfly stud earrings, £405, Alex Monroe, exclusive to Liberty
Beautiful, delicate and understated but quirky, these small studs will delight all ages.
10. Insolite candle limited edition, 190g, £45, Diptyque, exclusive to Liberty
With a burn time of around 60 hours, this gorgeous candle has citrus notes with cardamom, ginger and white thyme in the mix, and comes packaged in a Liberty-print box.
Celebrating 140 years