What is a Scoop 6?
The Tote Scoop 6 is a Saturday horse racing pool bet where you try to pick the winner of six specified races to win either the entire pool or a share of it if there are multiple winners.
Alongside the win dividend there is also a Scoop 6 place dividend you can win a share of if you pick out a selection that places in every Scoop 6 race.
All bets on the Scoop 6 are paid into the Tote pool betting system. The more Scoop 6 bets are placed, the larger the pool is. The fewer players that win, the higher the Scoop 6 win and place dividends.
Want to try out the Scoop 6 with a risk-free bet? Sign up to the Tote and to claim your risk-free bet of up to £10.
- Find out more about Pool Betting with our Tote betting guide
How does a Scoop 6 work?
The simplest way to play the Scoop 6 is pick a single horse to win each of the six Scoop 6 races. This costs just £2 and could win you all or a share of a substantial dividend if you are successful.
A key difference between the Tote’s Scoop 6 and another of its most famous bets, the Placepot, is the Scoop 6’s minimum unit stake of £2. The minimum unit stake for a Placepot is 1p.
Picking multiple horses (lines) in each race of a Scoop 6 will enhance your chance of winning, but this tactic is likely to be more costly than it would be if you were playing a Placepot.
However, opting for two horses in one of the trickier races and three in the hardest of them all still comes to a reasonable £12 bet, as seen in the example below.
Calculating the number of lines in your Scoop 6
The total number of lines is calculated by multiplying the lines in each individual race together. The Scoop 6 has a minimum unit stake of £2, so this Scoop 6 bet would cost the player £12.
Tote Scoop 6 bet frequently asked questions
What are Scoop 6 rollovers?
If nobody lands the Scoop 6 win dividend on any given Saturday, its value is rolled over and becomes part of the win fund for the following weekend’s Scoop 6.
What is the Scoop 6 bonus fund
If you win the Scoop 6 you’re then eligible to play for the Scoop 6 Bonus the following Saturday. To land the bonus you have to pick the winner of a selected race on the day.
When are the Scoop 6 races announced each week?
The races for Saturday’s Scoop 6 are generally revealed on tote.co.uk during the course of Friday afternoon.
How do I place a Scoop 6 bet online?
The best way to place Scoop 6 bet online is to visit the first-class purpose-built site from the Tote. The Scoop 6 coupon will be available from the ‘Bet Types’ menu, under multi-leg bets.
How is the Tote Scoop 6 prize pool calculated and shared?
The Tote deducts 27% from the total pool of bets placed by players for operating costs. The remaining 73% is divided among the winners.
What happens if one of my Tote Scoop 6 picks is a non-runner?
The Scoop 6 non-runner rules state: “If any of the horses in your Tote Scoop6 bet are subsequently non-runners, your stake will automatically be moved on to the unnamed favourite of the race at the off.”
If there are joint or co-favourites, the highest racecard number carries your money. So if No 1 and No 4 are joint-favourites, it is No 1 that will represent you in place of your selected non-runner.
More about Saturday horse racing with the Tote
Saturday horse racing with the Tote has something for all tastes with three brilliant multi-leg bets.