Two-time Olympic boxing champion Nicola Adams had been proving her talents out of the ring and on the Strictly dance floor since mid October, but was forced to leave the show yesterday as it was confirmed that her dance partner Katya Jones tested positive for Covid-19.
Adams told the Telegraph: "I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon. I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for." The retired boxer made Strictly Come Dancing history for being part of the show’s first-ever same-sex pairing.
Before leaving the show, I caught up with Adams to talk all things beauty. Here, she shares her six all-time favourite buys...
- #Thisiseverything Lip Oil, £6, NYX Professional Makeup: "I like this because it’s a little glossy but not too overpowering. I go for a natural look, with a little bit of a shine, and this works really well for me."
- Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation, £35, Nars: "This comes in lots of different shades and doesn’t make my skin look too oily. You also don’t need to keep reapplying – once it’s on, it’s on."
- Skincare Daily Lotion Spray, £5.99, E45: "So easy to use, you spray it on, rub it in and that’s it – no messing about."
- The Makeup Finishing Spray, £24, Skindinavia: "I’ve had problems in the past where I hug someone and my make-up ends up on their collar. I don’t have that issue with this, it keeps everything in place."
- Invisible Shield, £20, Glossier: "Because of my skin colour, when I sweat, certain SPFs change colour. Since finding this invisible SPF I haven’t used anything else, it’s perfect."
- Daily Radiance Vitamin C, £55, Medik8: "I love this. It’s not too thick and goes on really easily. It leaves my face feeling smooth and the addition of vitamin C is great for the skin."
Sign up for Stella Daily - your seven-day slice of fashion, beauty, food, travel, interiors and more from the Stella magazine team